10/09/2007

Recognize More Talents






"One of the greatest talents of all is the talent to recognize and to develop talent in others"





This is not something new to me and I learnt from books and different leaders a while ago. It's easy to understand but hard to DO IT. I recognize talents and find it difficult to develop them.
I am experiecing an interesting, at the same time, challenging time to develop a talent. I conciously tell myself not to put assumption in people and stop a while to use my intituation to judge. It's something hard for me as it's a habbit of mine for the past 20 years.

After working in this organization for years, I found that assumptions could be pretty easy to become stereotypes or bias.
Developing talents is difficult, because if the person is willing to be developed and whether he's willing and open enough to change himself/herself is out of my control. I see goodness and badness in the person but what's the best way to develop the person is still blur.

In organizations today, leaders sometimes treat their team by jumping to conclusion by one of two issues. One little mistake in the early going and your potential is forever limited. If we too quickly draw assumptions and form biases from early performance that aren't fair to the person or the organization.

Great leaders are patient when evaluating talent and the potential contribution of team members. They understand that human resources are the organization's most valuable asset. They want every person on the team to be their best and give them every chance to do so. I am still learning to be a great leader.

I have been too quick to write off team members before they have a reasonable chance to show you their talent and I do not feel like make it happen again, especially in a team like this I am in, I cannot afford to mis-look anyone of as they are so important to me and I feel that I have a responsibility for them.

I want them to have a good team experience
I want them to be developed properly follow by their wills
I want them to be proud of their achievement of the AIESEC in Hong Kong 0708.

I am telling myself, this week, I have to be slower to judge those around me and quicker to provide them the instruction and support they need to succeed. Find ways to vent my frustration with mistakes that won't bias my perception of the person's overall worth and value to the team.

The test provided by Ronnie said that I am a projector, I wanna energize my team just like how they support me and make me feel great every day. It's 10 of us.. People say "The speed of the boss is the speed of the team."

It's time to speed up!! GROWTH!


沒有留言: