9/20/2006

Make a Difference

Today I attended the recruitment talk of AIESEC-LC-HKBU, gad very complicated feelings. Well I was born and been rasied in this LC, I felt like home when I stepped into the venue cos it's what I excately was doing at the time of the year last year. Watching my successors holding the session, my feelings was so different compared to last year. Deep down in my heart, I was praying for them and wishing that they would recruit good and passionate members.

Dr Ho, Mindy and Cafrany shared their experiences in @ with different perspectives. It's still powerful and inspiring to me after hearing so much sharing from different people. I guess it's the power of @, make you think and keep self reflecting.

2 years ago, I joined @ because of talking to Rita for so long in my interview, it took lmost 1.5 hours so it actually was not an interiew but more like chatting or sharing. I told Rita how i felt about the people i met and the confusion I have after getting in the univeristy. She shared about her experience to me and what she did in AIESEC. At that moment, i told myself I have to join this organization because I love people in this organization and I want to make a difference to the live i was living in as it's not what i wanted.

Make a difference, thats how i joined AIESEC. I learned and participated a lot throughout th year when i was a year one student. Then, time to make choices -- be the EB or not. Christy and I wanted to be the cabinets of AIESEC and thought that we could do and acheive a lot, however, i didnt know what i really was trying to acheive until I met my partners, Tiffany and Janet. We were the ICX fighters and swore to ourseleves that we would make a difference in ICX area of @BU, we wanted to create a legend. Again, it's about making a difference.

Now I'm the Exchange Partnership Manager of AIESEC Hong Kong. I had been lost and de-motivated and confused about what led me here to take up this position. Well surprisingly, again, it's about I want to make a difference. I wanted to make a difference about the working model I had and walk out form the comfort zone. Somehow, i tend to do things that I'm good in and familiar with, running for MC was a challenge for me becasue i had always thought that I was not a trategic person. Well but not, working with new team mates and gain new perspectives, I think I actually can do it and it lead me to go for another place in AIESEC... My next step.

Talking with team mates, I just realized how much I actually want to do and change about AIESEC Hong Kong. To make another difference, Idecided to run for the Exchange Director of AIESEC Hong Kong Session 0708. :)

Everything in AIESEC is about making a difference. I can't wait to keep throwing starfish in AIESEC!

沒有留言: